This is a glossary of terms which may be encountered on this site and elsewhere, when studying flageolets.

Flageolette—an alternative spelling of Flageolet, commonly found in Pepys' Diary.

Flute Flageolet—an English flageolet, patented in 1807 by William Bainbridge, which was blown transversely, in the manner of a flute.

Quadrille Flageolet—an alternative name for the French flageolet which became popular in the late 1850s. It derives from the use of the French flageolets in Quadrille bands.

Have Your Say

Comments, suggestions and corrections are always welcome. Please use the form to add some! To avoid spam, all comments are moderated before being displayed so there may be a delay before they appear on the site.

If you are asking a question, please note that there is no way of automatically notifying you when I have answered. Therefore, please either keep checking the page for my reply or send me a message, privately.

Add a Comment


There are comments for this page.

    No comments on this page yet, please add one!